March 12, 2009: Four movies presenting examples of the mechanisms implemented to the Rascalli agents added to the movies section of the website
March 12, 2009: Play with RASCALLI yourself!
RASCALLI ECA (3D Client to be installed on your computer) available for download. Please use along with the following configuration file
Rascalli Web interfaces linked from the demos section of the website. You can find there also Q&A related to Rascalli projects and agents.
February 10, 2009: Rascalli Animation System - Documentation added to the Rascalli publications page:
*Corina Genuit. Rascalli Animation System, Radon Labs GmbH, 2008.
February 10, 2009: New additions in the Rascalli publications page in sections: Public Deliverables, Theses and 4 new publications from New Bulgarian University Publications
January 19, 2009: Master's Thesis added to the Rascalli publications page:
* Christian Eis. RASCALLI Platform: A Dynamic Modular Runtime Environment for Agent Modeling. Master's Thesis, Vienna University of Technology, Vienna, Austria, 2008
October 31, 2008: Paper added to the Rascalli publications page:
* Feiyu Xu, Peter Adolphs, Hans Uszkoreit, Xiwen Cheng, and Hong Li. "Gossip Galore: A Conversational Web Agent for Collecting and Sharing Pop Trivia" presented at the First International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence (ICAART) 2009.
September 4, 2008: Paper added to the Rascalli publications page:
* Christian Eis, Marcin Skowron, Brigitte Krenn. "Virtual Agent Modeling in the RASCALLI Platform" presented at the Performance Metrics for Intelligent Systems Workshop (PerMIS08)
June 16, 2008: Paper added to the Rascalli publications page:
* Marcin Skowron, Joerg Irran, Brigitte Krenn. "Computational Framework for and the Realization of Cognitive Agents Providing Intelligent Assistance Capabilities" - the Cognitive Robotics Workshop at 18th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence
June 13, 2008: Paper
* Christian Eis, Marcin Skowron, Brigitte Krenn. "Virtual Agent Modeling in the RASCALLI Platform" accepted for a presentation at the Performance Metrics for Intelligent Systems Workshop (PerMIS08)
June 2, 2008: Paper
* Marcin Skowron, Joerg Irran, Brigitte Krenn. "Computational Framework for and the Realization of Cognitive Agents Providing Intelligent Assistance Capabilities" accepted for a presentation at the Cognitive Robotics Workshop at 18th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI2008).
June 1, 2008: Screenshots of Rascalla and Rascalli
May 29, 2008: Conference Papers added to the project publications page:
* Feiyu Xu, Hans Uszkoreit, Hong Li. "Task Driven Coreference Resolution for Relation Extraction" - the 18th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI2008).
* Brigitte Krenn, Gregor Sieber. Functional Markup for Behaviour Planning: Theory and Practice presented at the AAMAS 2008 Workshop FML: Functional Markup Language. Why Conversational Agents do what they do. May, 2008.
* Kostadinov, Grinberg. The Embodiment of a DUAL/AMBR Based Cognitive Model in the RASCALLI Multi-Agent Platform presented at the 8th International Conference on Intelligent Virtual Agents, 2008.
May 23, 2008: Project Review Meeting, Vienna
May 13, 2008: Rascalli website updated
Workpackages: Cognitive Architecture and Modelling and Reasoning
May 6, 2008: Publications
*Brigitte Krenn, Christian Schollum. "The RASCALLI Platform for a Flexible and Distributed Development of Virtual Systems Augmented with Cognition". In Proceedings of the International Conference on Cognitive Systems (CogSys 2008),
*Brigitte Krenn. "RASCALLI. Responsive Artificial Situated Cognitive Agents Living and Learning on the Internet", (CogSys2008) added to the publications page.
April 16-18, 2008: Rascalli working group meeting Re-implementation of DUAL, aspects of the system integration, usability lab and settings for the tests with users.
December 21, 2007: Publication
*Kostadinov, Petkov, Grinberg,
"Embodied conversational agent based on the DUAL cognitive architecture,
Proceedings of WEBIST 2008, International Conference on Web Information
Systems and Technologies" added to publications page
December 20, 2007: Poster and paper
*Irran J., Sieber G., Skowron M., Krenn B., "Acquisition of Knowledge - From Real to Virtual Embodiement" (Symposium on Language and Robotics 2007) available for download, see publications page.
December 10-12, 2007:Poster presentation at Language and
Robotics symposium, Aveiro, Portugal by Jörg Irran / OFAI: Acquisition of Knowledge - From Real to Virtual Embodiement
November 26, 2007: Rascalli website updated
Information on the recent project partners' contribution
November 16, 2007:NBU: Paper submitted to WEBIST 2008 International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies
*Kostadinov, Petkov, Grinberg. "Embodied conversational agent based on the DUAL cognitive architecture.",
October 29, 2007: Project Review Meeting, Saarbrücken
October 23, 2007: Paper submitted to AAMAS08
*Brigitte Krenn, Gregor Sieber, Peter Hlavac, Ulf Harr. "A Smart Music Companion"
September 28, 2007: DUAL experiment results
first experimental results of second-wave DUAL use cases presented
September 24, 2007: OFAI: Abstract submitted
to the Symposium on Language and Robots (langro2007). Title: Acquisition and Exchange of Knowledge -
From Real to Virtual Embodiment. (Jörg Irran, Gregor Sieber, Marcin Skowron, Brigitte Krenn)
July 27, 2007: Milestone Version 1.0 of the music demonstrator reached
July 1, 2007: OFAI researcher Jörg Irran joins RASCALLI
(OFAI staff page)
Jörg was previously involved in the MACS project (Multi-sensory Autonomous Cognitive Systems Interacting with Dynamic Environments for Perceiving and Using Affordances).
June 29, 2007: RASCALLI team meeting at the EuCognition Six-Monthly Meeting (Cognitive Architectures)
June 23 - 30, 2007: DFKI: Paper presented at ACL 2007
*Feiyu Xu, Hans Uszkoreit, Hong Li. 2007. "A Seed-driven Bottom-up Machine Learning Framework for Extracting Relations of Various Complexity". In Proceedings of ACL 2007, Prague (pp.584-591). [download]
May 1, 2007: First Project Review Meeting, Vienna