L4S: Learning for Security
L4S - Learning for Security is a European STReP (Small or medium-scale focused research project) that aims to develop simulation based learning experiences and to provide guidelines and tools for the development of soft skills necessary in effective crisis management. These project outcomes can be deployed for a variety of purposes, including:
- Training security managers and personnel
- Preparing and testing security response plans
- Auditing the readiness of security personnel
- Educating the broader public on appropriate behaviours and responses to security incidents
- Conducting research (e.g., experimental tests) on the impact of different responses to the reaction of the public or the effects of the security incident.
In the L4S project, OFAI mainly contributes to the workpackages:
- WP1 - Knowledge harvesting and integration
- WP3 - L4S framework and simulation prototypes
- WP4 - Pilots and prototyping cycles
OFAI's contributions to L4S are provided by the Intelligent Software Agents and New Media group.
OFAI led the development of Reckon&Choose!, a simulation-game based learning experience in the airport security domain.
Find out more in the Reckon&Choose! leaflet (PDF, 1.3MB).
Visit the L4S project website for further information.
- Project start: July 2009
- Planned duration: 2 years
- Funding: EU FP7 (Theme 10 Security: ICT and Security, grant agreement 225634) and the auxilliary funding programme of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science and Research.