The Intelligent Music Processing and Machine Learning group frequently collaborates with other institutes across the world, as well as partners from the industry.
Scientific Collaborations and Partners
With regular joint projects and exchanges of ideas and methods, our group is closely connected to the Department for Computational Perception at the Johannes-Kepler University in Linz, Austria. Several of our research projects are carried out in collaboration with other European research institutes and universities, computer scientists, musicologists and mathematicians. They are too numerous to be listed here, but are visible in our research projects and scientific publications.
Commercial Showcases and Partners
Here are references to commercial products that contain some of our technology. This list is incomplete, as some of our commercial partners prefer to remain anonymous.
Bang & Olufsen: The MOTS Technology
- Partner: Bang & Olufsen (B&O), Denmark (since 2003)
- Product: MOTS Music Recommendation Technology in the Beosound 5 and Beosound 5 Encore
- Underlying Technology: Music Similarity Estimation
RadioAnalyzer: Radio Stream Segmentation
- Partner: RadioAnalyzer, Denmark
- Product: Automatic Song Detection and Segmentation in the RadioAnalyzer Software
- Underlying Technologies: Music Detection and Audio Stream Segmentation
SWISSPERFORM: Music Airplay Monitoring
- Partner: SWISSPERFORM, Switzerland
- Product: Tools for automatically measuring the amount of music broadcast by radio stations
- Underlying Technologies: Automatic Music and Speech Detection
The Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra Amsterdam (RCO): Synchronised Score Viewing
- Partner: The Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra Amsterdam (RCO), The Netherlands
- Product: Synchronised Score Viewing Technology in the orchestra's E-Magazine RCO Editions
- Underlying Technology: Music Alignment