NOTE: this is the GitHub repo for a plugin that was originally on Google Code https://code.google.com/archive/p/gateplugin-appdoc/ and has been last updated in 2013!
This is a plugin for the GATE language technology framework that makes it easy to document GATE controllers and processing resources:
- In the GATE Developer GUI, adds a new visual resource for controllers and processing resources which allows to add author, version and comment information for the resource.
- In the GATE Developer GUI, adds a new visual resource for controllers that allows to configure and initiate the documentation generation
- Provides a command that can be used to generate documentation for an existing pipeline file outside of the GATE GUI.
- Extracts JapeDoc from JAPE files in way similar to how JavaDoc is extracted from Java programs.
- Generates all documentation with the help of arbitrary templates that can be extended or created by the user. The template approach can be used to generate the documentation in any textual format.
- Comes with basic example templates for generating documentation in HTML, LaTeX, and RTF format.